The SaltLight Emergency Homeless Shelter has been featured in several news articles lately.
Each of the following media outlets have fettered stories from the center (click on the links to read/see more):
- WSB-TV – Channel 2 Action News (ABC) - http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/gwinnett-county-opens-first-shelter-women-and-chil/nFw3G/
- Atlanta journal Constitution - http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/new-gwinnett-homeless-shelter-1300360.html
- The Gwinnett Post - http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2012/jan/14/gwinnetts-first-true-homeless-shelter-up-and/
- Our Town Magazine - http://www.ourtownmag.org/tag/lawrenceville/
- North Georgia Church of God - http://ngacog.org/news.php?newsID=223
The Mission of the SaltLight Center is to provide opportunities for the Body of Christ to meet the immediate needs of homeless women and children in Gwinnett County.
- The SaltLight Center is an emergency shelter for single women and women with children. The center is located at a host congregation in Lawrenceville and is open daily from 7pm to 7am.
If you NEED SHELTER, contact the Gwinnett Helpline at 770-995-3339. SaltLight Center Flyer for Guests
- We have an immediate need for volunteers in order to keep the Center open 7 days a week. We need volunteers to staff the center which inlcudes spending the night. We also need groups to bring a hot meal for 14 people each evening.
If you would like to VOLUNTEER, contact Carol Karpf at 770-885-2947 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are in need of financial and in-kind donations in order to operate the Center.
If you would like to give a FINANCIAL DONATION, make checks payable to Family Promise of Gwinnett County and mail them to P.O. Box 464971, Lawrenceville, GA 30042 or click HERE to donate on-line now.
If you would like to donate one of the items on our WISH LIST please bring it to our Day Center (3495 B Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 30044) or call Carol.
- Contact Information:
Carol Karpf, SaltLight Center Director: 770-885-2947; email@example.com; P.O. Box 464971, Lawrenceville, GA 30042.
“In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16